Well mamas, it’s almost that time of year again. The sun is almost setting on summer, and we’re preparing to pack our kids up to send them back to school.
It’s a super bittersweet and exciting time—no one likes to say goodbye to the freedom of summer, but the start of the school year brings so many learning opportunities and chances to grow. And whether this is your 18th BTS season or your first, embarking on a new year brings questions about what is in store.
We asked real-life teachers to weigh in with advice, insight, and tips on things for parents to keep in mind when starting the new year. Because if anybody knows what’s up, it’s our educators.
1. REALIZE YOUR KIDS ARE IN GOOD HANDS
2. HONOR THE SUPPLY LIST—THERE’S MORE TO IT THAN MEETS THE EYE
3. TEACH YOUR KIDS TO ASK FOR WHAT THEY NEED
4. READ, READ, READ
5. LET YOUR CHILDREN LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES (AND SUCCESSES)
6. REMEMBER THAT IT’S A NEW SCHOOL YEAR AND THAT BRINGS SOME CHANGE
7. REINFORCE TO YOUR CHILD THAT THEIR TEACHER IS YOUR TEAMMATE